Impact is Web Engine for Lightroom 2 to Lightroom Classic CC which creates a powerful showcase for your work.
Impact is all about emotion. By scaling each image to fill the browser window your visitors will be treated to a “wow”
on devices that don't have Flash such as the iPhone and iPad.
Impact is exceptionally configurable. You may adjust all the colours, change the font, create up to 6 menu bar items, alter the slideshow transition timings, turn various elements on and off and change their positions.
A single gallery or an entire site?
This standard version of Impact will generate a single gallery of images — this is ideal for integrating into an existing site.
If you wish to create an entire web site based on Impact then Impact WSPP would be a great solution.
- Impressive and memorable viewing experience thanks to full browser width images and sliding transitions.
- The first image in the gallery is displayed as quickly as possible, and the others are preloaded one by one in the background. The waiting times are therefore reduced to a minimum.
- Multiple image resolutions are exported and the most appropriate resolution is used when displaying the images. This ensures fast loading on mobile devices without penalising the image quality on desktop machines.
- Text annotations.
- Very configurable interface - the colours of all on screen elements may be changed.
- Users can bookmark images and return directly to them (the URL changes as the slideshow advances).
- Designed for iPhone. The iPhone will be served with low resolution images to increase download speed. When viewed in landscape mode the navigation bar is automatically moved out of way to leave more room for the images. Finally, users may then swipe between images.
- Support for The Turning Gate's TTG XML Auto Index and TTG Pages galleries for creating entire websites.
- “Right-click and save” is disabled to discourage casual theft.
- Automatic update checking.
This is a new gallery so we'd love to see the results of your creativity. If you'd like to showcase your gallery here then please contact us.
Here are some existing galleries created using Impact:
- Svarteld has kindly allowed us use of his amazing avionics gallery to demonstrate how impressive Impact can look. The images have been exported at very high resolution to their best on big screens (but the low res images will be used on small screens).
- Timothy Armes uses Impact to showcase his commercial photography.
Payment and Updates
The trial version is limited to creating galleries with 6 images at a time. If you decide to buy you will give you a registration code that will remove this restriction. All future updates are free.