Capture Time to Exif
Capture Time to Exif is an in-Lightroom interface for Exiftool.
Its initial purpose, which gave it its name, was to change the EXIF dates of scanned images so that they would sort by the original capture date, not by the scanned date. Onto that was added the capability to update other EXIF such as the camera model or lens.
While you can do all of this with Exiftool, the plugin's benefits are:
- Integration with Lightroom
- No need to learn Exiftool itself or use Windows command lines or Mac Terminal commands.
For example, you can use the plugin to:
- Update the EXIF dates field of scanned images.
- Write other EXIF and IPTC information such as the camera model and maker.
- Write directly to TIF, PSD, JPEG, and DNG file formats and even to proprietary raw formats or xmp sidecar files.
- Enter extra manual Exiftool command line arguments.
- Store frequently-used command line arguments as presets.
You can test the plugin without buying. While in unregistered mode, its features work fully but you are only able to process a few images at a time.g
Payment and Updates
The trial version operates on up to 10 images at a time. Purchasing the plugin will give you a registration code that will remove this restriction. All future updates are free.