We thought it would be useful to look at how LR/Mogrify 2 can complement Lightroom 3′s new built-in watermarking features.
It’s great that Lightroom now includes proper watermarking as part of its feature set, and since it’s built right into Lightroom it benefits from a pleasant user interface and full integration with the print, web and slideshow modules.
Nevertheless, there are lots of users who continue to use LR/Mogrify 2 for its powerful host of complementary features. Here’s are some things that you can do using LR/Mogrify 2 that you can’t do with Lightroom 3 alone:
- Add multiple text annotations and graphical watermarks at the same time.
- Include image metadata (such as title, copyright, exposure information, etc.) in your text.
- Add graphical watermarks at their original sizes – Lightroom 3 always scales your watermarks. LR/Mogrify 2 also offers scaling options, however if you’ve produced a precisely scaled watermarked that you always wish to use at a specific size, or if you wish to have the watermark be the same size across a series of images that vary in width or height then you’ll want to specific a fixed watermark size.
- Add any number of borders to the outsides of your images
- Add number of semi-transparent borders to the insides of your images
- Place text annotations and graphics within these borders
- Export images at an exact width and height without cropping by adding borders to the edges as required.
Here are some examples. We love to see how people use LR/Mogrify 2 creatively so please let us see what you’re up to.